Thursday, October 23, 2008

Post 6: Ms Jean’s BioData

To my parents, I am wonderful. To my elder sister, I am lovely. To my teachers, I am diligent. To my friends, I am faithful. All people, who are around me, love me and I love all the people, who are around me.

Currently I am a third year NUS undergraduate and majoring in Life Science, concentrating in Biomedical Sciences. I have a passion for science, especially when it comes to human body. Human body is amazing! But this is not the only reason for me to enter the faculty of science. Another reason is not to waste what I had learnt in my junior college and secondary school. It is because I studied pure sciences in my secondary school and in my junior college, I was in a BioChem class. I believe science will continue to be part of my life.

There were a few glorious moments in my life. Firstly, it was to be appointed as the President of Student Council in my secondary school. My decisive and diplomatic character makes me a good leader. Secondly, it was to participate in an overseas voluntary programme in Thailand. My caring and empathetic self allows me to help others. And it is due to these and some others factors that I had earned myself a silver National Youth Achievement Award. Lastly, it was that my dance team was awarded silver in Singapore Youth Festival Dance. I hope I will continue to create more glorious moments to build on my current portfolio.

7 comments:

jiawei said...

hi Jean,

I think that it is very commendable for you to earn a silver national youth award. Congratulations!

Well, I find that the way you start your introduction is very unique and refreshing. It is telling of what kind of person you are and how the people around you are important to you. Its striking and leaves behind an impression.

Overall, the biodata is a good description of you and i think its quite nicely done. =)

Stephany said...

Hi Jean

The approach you took in writing your biodata is different and special, which makes it less boring to read than conventional biodatas. Good job :)

You can probably add in details of any work experiences you had too!

mongshi-ES2007S said...

Dear Jean

You have a very interesting and different start for your biodata.

Your impressive achievements really can highlight you as an all rounded person. By taking part in overseas volunteer programme and being a president for the Student Council showed that not only you have the leadership skills, you have a good and kind character as well. Overall, your biodata has left a positive impression.

Apart from your studies and CCA, maybe you can add in some skills you have learnt from your work experience?


Mongshi

Alicia said...

Hi Jean,

I do agree that your method of portraying yourself is different and very refreshing. Your biodata has highlighted the different facets you possess. Besides exhibiting your good natured self, you have also shown to us your ability to take on leadership roles. Maybe you would also like to include your goals in life?

On the whole, you have presented to us an informative biodata that appeal to readers. :)

xinyu said...

Hey Jean,

Your biodata is informative and concise. It also provides good information on your achievements. Being the president of the student council when you were in secondary school is indeed impressive and emphasizes that you have extraordinary leadership skills.

You can probably add what you would like to do in future since you have stated your interest in science. =)

oxy said...

hi jean,

I agree with everyone here that the way you approached your BioData was quite a unique one.

I think you have achieved a lot during your years of studying and they are really impressing. However, I feel that you could show these achievements as your strength in your BioData, to show people that with these will allow you to excel in whatever career you are interested in.
Nevertheless, I think the format of your BioData was quite interesting.

said...

Dear Jean,

Your biodata successfully portrayed u to be a bubbly and kind-hearted individual. It also well displayed your interest and passion for life science. Perhaps an inclusion of your aspiration, with a clearer indication of the path that you are intending to embark on, might further improve your existing biodata.